Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Frustrated, Angry, Depressed

So last week I found out that I officially have no funding for next year. While my advisor keeps telling me not to panic, that since she's been here they've never stranded a grad student, I can't help it. All I can imagine is needing to work part-time at the Walmart to be able to pay the rent. Yesterday I had thoughts of living on pb&j sandwiches for a year. It also dawned on me yesterday that without support, I don't have health insurance. So needless to say I'm freaking out.

The best plan that we've been able to come up with is to defend my dissertation in October. This would at least mean I don't have to pay tuition in the fall. But it doesn't solve the lack of money problem.

I'm meeting with my advisor tomorrow to talk over everything. I'm depressed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home