Saturday, April 15, 2006

Went to lunch and never came back...

Ok, that's not true. The spring semester is always so much harder for me (and for my students, probably). I don't feel like teaching, the weather is getting nice, I don't feel like teaching.

I yelled at my students on Thursday. As I got to the last 5 minutes of lecture (which was still going to allow them to leave 20 minutes early), a large portion of them just decided to stop listening and start their own conversations. I stopped once and asked them to be quiet for 5 more minutes. It worked for all of 30 seconds. At which point, I stopped and suggested that those who would rather talk should just get up and leave right now because they were being extraordinarily rude. That shut them up until I was finished.

Remind me that when I apply for jobs to look for colleges that have small class sizes. I fucking hate big classes. And I'm just so fucking happy that I get to teach another 400 student class in the fall. YAY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home